Monday, April 4, 2016

Countdown to Rainbowland: Interview with our Marketing Guru


While RAINBOWS AND RAINDROPS isn't the first book by Kelley Lynn & Jenny S. Morris it is the first book we've published ourselves.

Because we were headed into uncharted waters (now under the Lynn & Morris brand) we knew we needed a team to support our journey. We couldn't have asked for a better crew. Over the course of the next three weeks and five interviews, we'll introduce you to our team. We can't recommend them enough, so if you have questions or want to ask about our experience, please feel free to reach out.

Today we have an interview with our marketer. We can personally say hiring a marketing expert was the right decision for us. We didn't have time to set up a cover real tour or book release tour. We don't know the first thing about getting our work up on NetGalley. That's what Ashley is for. 

And we'll let her take it from here.




First, what is your name? And the name of your business.
Ashley, and I am a publicist with Mark My Words Book Publicity.


When did your business start? What gave you the inspiration and drive to pursue this career?

The business started in spring/summer 2013, and I joined the company in March 2014. I love reading, and I love discovering new authors. I love helping them produce the best book possible, and I love getting the word out about their books!


How do you go about creating a marketing plan for a book release? 
I look at the author’s brand and the story’s background, and take those two things and figure out what may work best for their release. Sometimes, it’s straight advertising, sometimes it’s blogger focused, and sometimes it’s author focused J

What’s your most favorite part about marketing a book release? 
Watching release day rankings J It’s the best time because that’s when I know if I did my job well enough or not.


What types of things do you do when you’re not marketing author’s work? 
I own a book editing company, and I am a literary agent’s assistant. Outside of the book world, I love watching TV and spending time with my husband and fur baby.


If people want to inquire about using your services, how should they go about doing this? 
You can visit our website, markmywordsbookpublicity.com 
or our 
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/mmwpr


You can add RAINBOWS AND RAINDROPS to your TBR list on Goodreads here.

No comments:

Post a Comment