Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Countdown to Rainbowland: Interview with My Formatting Hero: Cassie

When Kelley and I decided to self-publish Rain, I was a little freaked. This is only my second book published, and the first one to be self-published. The process seemed a little overwhelming. Thankfully, we found amazing people who were able take our baby, and make it so much better. Without the next person we're highlighting, I'd probably me a basket case. Formatting a Word document so it can go onto your Kindle, Kobo or whatever form the reader chooses, takes a lot of work. Especially if you have no clue what to do. Cassie is amazing, and I'm so thankful for her help.




Thanks so much for being willing to tell us about yourself and how your formatting really made our story shine!


First, what is your name? And the name of your business.

Cassie from CookieLynn Publishing Services 

When did your business start? What gave you the inspiration and drive to pursue this career?

March 2015. When I started publishing, I had everyone do everything for me, and I’m one of those people who is very curious on how things are done. Web videos, tutorials from the formatters who helped me with my earlier projects, and a lot of patience helped me really understand how the whole process works.

What’s your most favorite part about formatting a book?

It’s relaxing. Sure, there can be frustrating hiccups on occasion, but to sit in front of the computer with my music on and go into something that is structured and formulaic is a welcome reprieve from the creative demands that come with writing my own projects.

What types of things do you do when you’re not formatting?

Workwise? I’m either drafting my own projects or editing for someone else  Lifewise? Probably watching my newest Netflix obsession.

If people want to inquire about using your services, how should they go about doing this?

Our website! Cookielynnpub.com

Thanks again SO much!

There you have it. If you're like me, and just the thought of having to format (and reformat when you screw things up) scares you, check out the services CookieLynn offers. It is SO worth it.

You can add RAINBOWS AND RAINDROPS to your TBR list on Goodreads here.





No comments:

Post a Comment